Powered by Invision Power Board

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> SSL Installed but still see the warning, Is there something left for me to do?
nels
Posted: Dec 17 2003, 07:17 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 341

I installed SSL Pro Comodo on stone-reflections.com and when I try to use it via https I get warned that the certificate is not trusted...what do I need to do to not have my customers see that warning? Feel free to take it for a test drive I don't require CC info to check out and the only all fields required are in sold-to fields including an email address

Is this a comodo question? I have also sent them an email.
Nels

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
andy
Posted: Dec 17 2003, 09:31 PM
Quote Post

Group: Advantagecom Staff
Member No.: 9

Comodo should have provided you with what is known as a "root chain" certificate along with your actual certificate. Comodo should have an installation procedure for the root chain certificate that works with Plesk. If not, just send an email to support@advantagecom.net and they'll be able to help you get it installed.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney
CTO, Advantagecom Networks

Please do not private message me. My regular management duties preclude responding to every customer that sends me a support issue. Instead, post on the forum or contact tech support.
PMUsers Website
nels
Posted: Dec 18 2003, 04:54 AM
Quote Post

I did get a root chain and thought I applied it, I will look at the instructions again and try it again. Once the root chain is installed, do I need to do anything to turn it on?

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
andy
Posted: Dec 18 2003, 08:10 AM
Quote Post

Once the root chain is installed, do I need to do anything to turn it on?

Once it is installed, it will automatically be used. The only thing to keep in mind is that it may take up to an hour for the change to show up, but in this case it should be nearly instant unless I'm not remembering the Comodo root chain installation procedure correctly.

When you double click the lock icon on your web browser while using SSL at your site, you can check to see if the root chain certificate is installed by looking at the "certification path" tab (in MSIE6). You should see two or three certificates in the chain with yours at the bottom and no warnings, at least in MSIE6.

You can examine the following URL for an example of what you should see. Yours will likely look a bit different, depending on the chaining certificate they used, but it should be similar. Just click the lock icon on the browser when at that URL and look at the certification path.

https://manage.speedingbits.com/cp

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney

Please do not private message me. My regular management duties preclude responding to every customer that sends me a support issue. Instead, post on the forum or contact tech support.
PMUsers Website
nels
Posted: Dec 18 2003, 06:20 PM
Quote Post

OK,
I have turned on root certificate and still see the issue, maybe it will go away overnight. I am using plesk v5. under the root cert area there is another place to load a certificate...what should I load there?

I can send the files to your team and maybe you guys can install for me if I can't get this solved.

Nels

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
andy
Posted: Dec 18 2003, 11:29 PM
Quote Post

It looks fine to me. You may need to hit the refresh button on your browser. If that doesn't do it, try closing all browsers, rebooting, and reloading the page.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney

PMUsers Website
nels
Posted: Dec 19 2003, 06:14 AM
Quote Post

YEA SSL is now working. Thanks for the help.
Nels
mrgreen.gif mrgreen.gif biggrin.gif blink.gif

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Matt
Posted: Jun 18 2008, 01:37 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 342

We now have available a Basic one year SSL certificate (99.8% browser compatibility) for $50.00 per year. Purchase of the SSL certificate includes free installation. You can purchase the Basic one-year SSL certificate in our store at:

https://manage.speedingbits.com/store/index.cgi/sid,14399

We also have advanced SSL certificates available, with insurance policies, identity validation web site graphics, Extra Validation (EV) SSL certificates, and more. Contact our sales department at sales@advantagecom.net for pricing.

--------------------
Matt B.
Advantagecom Technical Support

Private messages are ignored unless solicited. If you have a support question, please email support@advantagecom.net, post in the appropriate section of the forum, or call if your service plan allows support by phone.
PMUsers Website
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll