Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Should I change plans?
Ralph Myers
Posted: Oct 26 2004, 02:55 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 255

Hi Andy,

I just uploaded a file last night that is 780k and received an email notice that I am near my storage limit.

I plan to upload about thirty more of these files, all about the same size. That would amount to about 3.5 gig.

Should I opt for another plan, or upgrade the one I already have? (Currently 20M)

Uncle Ralph

--------------------
rnrmyers@earthlink.net
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahoo
Matt
Posted: Oct 27 2004, 08:17 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 342

I just uploaded a file last night that is 780k and received an email notice that I am near my storage limit.

I plan to upload about thirty more of these files, all about the same size. That would amount to about 3.5 gig.

I think that you may need less disk space than you thought. 780KB * 30 files = 22.85 MB total. Disk space on the SL2 hosting plan is $0.15 per MB per month. For 25 MB of disk space this would run 25 x $0.15 / month = $3.75 per month.

To order more disk space for your SL2 hosting plan send an email to billing@advantagecom.net.

You currently pay $69.95 per year for your SL2 hosting plan, which works out to $5.83 per month. Add the 25 MB additional disk space (for a total of 45 MB) and the total price runs about $9.58 per month.

Our Open Hosting Platform (OHP) hosting plan is $15.95 per month and will allow you to use Urchin at the same price as you have been on your SL2 ($2.95 per month). The OHP includes 250 MB of disk space and 10 GB of monthly data transfer. The OHP also allows SMTP (outgoing email) and has many other new applications, including as SpamAssassin, phpBB, PostNuke, Mambo, Gallery, Mailman, and OScommerce.

More information on our OHP hosting plan can be found at:

http://www.simplywebhosting.com/hosting-overview.shtml

--------------------
Matt B.
Advantagecom Technical Support

Private messages are ignored unless solicited. If you have a support question, please email support@advantagecom.net, post in the appropriate section of the forum, or call if your service plan allows support by phone.
PMUsers Website
andy
Posted: Oct 27 2004, 09:22 AM
Quote Post

Group: Advantagecom Staff
Member No.: 9

Ralph,

At this point, it looks like it still costs less for you to add disk space to your current plan than it would cost to change to one of our newer plans. There certainly are a lot of new benefits with our newer plans, but it can sometimes be a bit of a hassle to move files from one server to another because of changing your hosting plan.

I think it really boils down to whether or not you need the additional features of the newer hosting plan. If not, I'd stay on the plan you're currently using. For now, it costs less and it is easier than changing plans.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney
CTO, Advantagecom Networks

Please do not private message me. My regular management duties preclude responding to every customer that sends me a support issue. Instead, post on the forum or contact tech support.
PMUsers Website
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll