Powered by Invision Power Board

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Urchin stats for Plesk Server
oz|blonde
Posted: Oct 25 2002, 04:15 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 48

Are you considering implementation of Urchin stats for Plesk server, perhaps with additional service charges to cover licensing costs. We have found it invaluable for our clients on RAQ4
PMUsers Website
andy
Posted: Oct 25 2002, 11:42 AM
Quote Post

Group: Advantagecom Staff
Member No.: 9

Yes, we are considering it. It is a much more complex setup than what the Cobalt servers required, but it can be done.

However, due to the extra processing load this will place on the server, we don't want to put Urchin on the system until the system is sporting dual processors. If the equipment shows up today, that upgrade to dual processors will happen this weekend as stated in the announcements section.

We also want to get the upgrade to PSA 5.0 out of the way first so that we don't have to rework the Urchin configuration after upgrading to PSA 5.0. PSA 5.0 handles log processing differently than PSA 2.5.

The time frame that we'd be looking at for putting Urchin on the Upipe server is early to mid November. We have some other major software purchases that need to be made in November as well, so we'll just grab a copy of Urchin while we're at it.

The pricing for Urchin on the Upipe server would probably be the same as what it has been on the Cobalt servers ($15 setup per domain, $5.95 per month per domain).

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney
CTO, Advantagecom Networks

Please do not private message me. My regular management duties preclude responding to every customer that sends me a support issue. Instead, post on the forum or contact tech support.
PMUsers Website
oz|blonde
Posted: Oct 25 2002, 02:56 PM
Quote Post

Excellent. I find Urchin far superior to Webalizer in information, presentation etc and dont mind paying for the benefits.
PMUsers Website
oz|blonde
Posted: Oct 25 2002, 03:32 PM
Quote Post

When you implement will that be Urchin 3 or 4?
PMUsers Website
andy
Posted: Oct 25 2002, 04:08 PM
Quote Post

It most likely will be Urchin 4.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney

Please do not private message me. My regular management duties preclude responding to every customer that sends me a support issue. Instead, post on the forum or contact tech support.
PMUsers Website
pacific
Posted: Oct 27 2002, 06:33 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 68

So I took a look at the Urchin stats ( demo at: http://demo.urchin.com/report/english/ )
and it does look better than the Webaliser for sure.

I am presently paying for Sitemeter (about $6/month) and
would appreciate this addition.
PMUsers Website
oz|blonde
Posted: Nov 9 2002, 05:10 PM
Quote Post

How are you doing with your proposed installation of urchin for Upipe? You previously mentioned early to mid november.

Keen to offer service to our new upipe customers.
PMUsers Website
andy
Posted: Nov 9 2002, 10:16 PM
Quote Post

We also want to get the upgrade to PSA 5.0 out of the way first so that we don't have to rework the Urchin configuration after upgrading to PSA 5.0. PSA 5.0 handles log processing differently than PSA 2.5.

The upgrade to PSA 5.0 was delayed (see announcements section). We're working on the PSA 5.0 upgrade tonight. After we've been running PSA 5.0 for about a week, we should be able to ascertain for sure if this is feasible.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney

PMUsers Website
oz|blonde
Posted: Nov 9 2002, 10:19 PM
Quote Post

Thanks for the quick reply!
PMUsers Website
andy
Posted: Dec 13 2002, 04:55 PM
Quote Post

Just to let you know, we haven't forgotten this request. With the PSA 5 upgrade done, we're getting caught up on all the support email it has generated.

We'll probably be able to purchase and install Urchin 4 for the Upipe server in early to mid January. We've already reached our budgeted limit for hardware and software upgrades in the month of December.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney

PMUsers Website
oz|blonde
Posted: Dec 14 2002, 04:35 AM
Quote Post

Thanks Andy for advising.
PMUsers Website
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll