Powered by Invision Power Board

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> It's quiet. Too quiet...
Fest3er
Posted: Dec 21 2006, 02:44 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 330

Geez. Just looking through the fora and noticed that there hasn't been a whole lot of activity in the past year or so. Am I the last customer? Should I turn out the lights when I leave? smile.gif smile.gif

Seriously, y'all are doing a great job. It's been wonderfully stable.

The Spampax system is working great. It's blocking most of the spam targetted to my three domains; at least 90% of the ~50,000 incoming messages per month are spam. And since the last Solinus hiccup, I've seen very little ham in the quarantine. A general spam industry observation: since September, I've seen a *huge* increase in the volume of spam. Is this across the board, or are my systems being targetted?

I see the occasional, yet rare, reboot of the virtual server. It otherwise chugs along without trouble.

There's a slight chance business might take me out to WA in 2007. If so, I'll try to stop at the offices to shake babies and kiss hands. Really. It's the *least* I can do. biggrin.gif

Thanks for your hard work, and Merry Christmas to all of you!

Neal
PMEmail Poster
andy
Posted: Dec 21 2006, 05:40 PM
Quote Post

Group: Advantagecom Staff
Member No.: 9

Am I the last customer?

No, certainly not, but we have much fewer problems since the higher prices have weeded out the late payers, slow payers, and resource abusers. This is one of the intended benefits of having higher prices.

Seriously, y'all are doing a great job. It's been wonderfully stable.

Thank you. Hopefully your VPS wasn't one of the ones on the node that crashed a few minutes ago.

I've seen a *huge* increase in the volume of spam. Is this across the board, or are my systems being targetted?

It's Internet wide. Right now we're filtering out more than a million spam messages a month and its climbing rapidly.

There's a slight chance business might take me out to WA in 2007.

We're in the southeast corner of Washington state. Unless you're in the wine business or visiting one of our three colleges and universities, you're likely to be on the west side of the state, about 300 miles from here.

You're certainly welcome to stop by should you be in the area, though.

Thanks for your hard work, and Merry Christmas to all of you!

You're very welcome. Have a great holiday!

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney
CTO, Advantagecom Networks

Please do not private message me. My regular management duties preclude responding to every customer that sends me a support issue. Instead, post on the forum or contact tech support.
PMUsers Website
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll