Powered by Invision Power Board

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Postini-type spam/virus program
Posted: Aug 21 2002, 07:38 AM
Quote Post

Group:
Member No.: 0

:?: Do you have plans for a similar service through Walla2.com?
PMEmail Poster
andy
Posted: Aug 21 2002, 11:32 AM
Quote Post

Group: Advantagecom Staff
Member No.: 9

Our general policy on spam and anti-virus filters is that that should be a choice left up to the end user. Spam filters have not proven to be accurate enough to rely on them to deliver legitimate email.

Some users feel it is a violation of their rights for us to filter their email. Other users don't care and still others want us to filter their email.

With such divided end user opinions on the subject, we have to allow the end user to make that choice for themselves by installing filters on their own personal computer if they so desire.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney
CTO, Advantagecom Networks

Please do not private message me. My regular management duties preclude responding to every customer that sends me a support issue. Instead, post on the forum or contact tech support.
PMUsers Website
guru4u
Posted: Sep 25 2002, 06:26 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 77

I wish I could get Postini for my domains
my current dial-up provider offers it
in this service flaged mail doesn't vanish, it goes to Postini, once a day I log in and skim the messages for sunjects and know address

I leave the mail in there messages are deleted after 14 days, if not sent you mail box, when I loged in today I had 633 e-mails which are under 14 days old, and since I've been using the service, I've only had to put 2 address on the "accept all mail from" list
PMAOL
andy
Posted: May 7 2003, 10:51 AM
Quote Post

We're checking into this. The whole spam problem has really escalated in the last few months and even places like SpamCop are only marginally effective. The blackhole lists we've been using are also gradually becoming less effective at stopping spam.

If our evaluation of their system goes well and we can make a profitable business case for their asking price, we may begin offering Postini spam and virus filtering as a fee based add-on service.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney

Please do not private message me. My regular management duties preclude responding to every customer that sends me a support issue. Instead, post on the forum or contact tech support.
PMUsers Website
andy
Posted: May 7 2003, 04:30 PM
Quote Post

If you're interested in this, vote on the poll here:

http://forum.schmolie.com/index.php?act=ST&f=20&t=784

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney

PMUsers Website
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll