Powered by Invision Power Board

Pages: (2) 1 [2]   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> What have I done?! Internal Error on FormMail?
Singer
Posted: Feb 15 2003, 01:07 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 163

HI, OK here's where it stands.. Dustin. I did dothe form that way initially with the form properties thing and all I set it up just like front page had me do it..or so I seem to believe at least....

I am also aware that on my Advantagecom control panel for this site that there is frontpage webmadmin button....I am not familiar with this..could it have something to do with setting it up somehow? It seems to be enabled and turned on.

P.S. Andrew.....I tried re-doing the form and got mysefl totally mixedup and I"m going to try and stick with the front page for now.....thanks
BArb
PM
Creekgeek
Posted: Feb 15 2003, 06:14 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 177

In my reply to Barb's PM, I pointed out that the links to these forms produce 404 errors. After reviewing this thread, I'm wondering about FP authorization ...

1. Under Plesk, Is the "enable frontpage extensions" checked, and do you see a username* and the password displayed as a string of asterisks?
2. Within FP2000, are you using this same username/password?
[size=9]*

If the problem isn't with either, double-check to be certain that you've set up the right paths within FP2000 to properly publish and function on your domain ...
Andy or Dustin: While we're at it, what are they?

--------------------
Daniel @drian Keeney

there will be no . . . end of the creek ~;-)
PMUsers Website
Dustin
Posted: Feb 17 2003, 08:54 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 6

[quote]I am also aware that on my Advantagecom control panel for this site that there is frontpage webmadmin button....I am not familiar with this..could it have something to do with setting it up somehow? It seems to be enabled and turned on.[/quote]

The FrontPage webadmin button is going to be enabled for any site with FrontPage extensions enabled. As long as you don't log into the FrontPage webadmin area and start randomly clicking buttons, it shouldn't be a problem.

[quote]double-check to be certain that you've set up the right paths within FP2000 to properly publish and function on your domain ...
Andy or Dustin: While we're at it, what are they?[/quote]

The path used to publish with FrontPage is your domain name. If your domain was www.domain.com, then you'd publish to http://www.domain.com .
PMUsers Website
Creekgeek
Posted: Feb 18 2003, 12:39 AM
Quote Post

Answered Barb's PM with an install of nsa's alleged "drop-in" replacement right here, and a very long response explaining each step, and every path. Mine is much prettier than the nms version, but still didn't work. The short version:

CODE
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?> // throws error

"Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING"
Thinking HTTP Server doesn't understand the encoding they've forced, I rewrote their Perl to output:
CODE
<!--?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?--> // new encoding

Disabled every feature I could think of, but $comments still reportedly empty when I try to post. 03:30 hrs, so I'm throwin' in the towel.

--------------------
Daniel @drian Keeney

PMUsers Website
Singer
Posted: Feb 18 2003, 06:44 AM
Quote Post

laugh.gif biggrin.gif mrgreen.gif YEah!!! Ok so I have not gotten the form thing figured out BUT.. inthe process of reading your last two responses I realized I had put the plesk login and password into cuteftp and used her webuser ID and password to get in and was then wondering where all the files were. casue all I gto was a / SO when you spoke of Front page user Id's duh! sudeenly it clicked.. there is yet Another! user ID andPaswrod! OH! So now at least I have her setup correctly to go only to her own site and not be able to acces mine! hee hee heehee
I 'll try the form thing again next. I was just so excited I had to let you know thanks
Barb
PM
Singer
Posted: Feb 18 2003, 02:55 PM
Quote Post

mrgreen.gif :? :shock: ohmy.gif
Ok so I finally got the orm to the point of where i get a thankyou confirmation page....it took all the info yeah!! BUT! it's not showing up in my email box when I go to check to be sure it got sent...ugh! will read the forum again.
http://www.citwretreat.com/main1.html
thanks for ay suggestions?
regards
Barb
PM
Creekgeek
Posted: Feb 18 2003, 05:06 PM
Quote Post

If you meant http://www.citwretreat.com/Contact/main1.html, it looks like your using a formmail script that I'm not familiar with. There should be a setting like this in there somewhere ...

CODE
$mailprog = '/usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -t';

Not sure about the switches, but that's the path you'll need to use. Also, something along these lines might prevent abuse ...

• $DEBUGGING =0 <-- prevents others from seeing errors
  • @referers = 209.181.46.213 <-- limits input to your domain
  • @allow_mail_to = qw(info@citwretreat.com); <-- sends only to you
  • $max_recipients = 1 <-- only one per click ~;-)

--------------------
Daniel @drian Keeney

PMUsers Website
Singer
Posted: Feb 18 2003, 05:17 PM
Quote Post

it works ! Works ! it works! it really works!
YEAH!!!! mrgreen.gif mrgreen.gif mrgreen.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

thanks everyone for your help. I"m going to tweak it a bit to get the from email corrected and the Subject corrected. yeah!! thank you
regards
Barb
PM
Creekgeek
Posted: Feb 19 2003, 08:36 PM
Quote Post

Cool ... one more happy camper in the wilderness 8)

--------------------
Daniel @drian Keeney

PMUsers Website
Singer
Posted: Apr 17 2003, 03:25 PM
Quote Post

Hi, just to respond and give the solution for anyone else out there...I ended up re-loading the form page and the .pl file and not using Front page at all and then it worked.
smile.gif Now I get it. smile.gif
regards
Barb
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll