Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> New Reseller Questions
komy
Posted: Jul 12 2003, 06:28 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 242

Hi,

I just signed up for the reseller program and changing my reseller store setup currently. I do have several questions and would like to have some of your help:

1. Right now, my plan is to offer offline payment only. Since all my customer's VE will only be created manually once I got the payment, does my payment to Advantagecom start at the time I create any VE or at the time a customer of mine sign up for a account.

2. I read through all docs that I can find on your site and user doc, I can't find out exactly how I am suppose to pay my discounted payment to Advantagecom. I saw a section in the Reseller CP where I can register new credit card on file, is this where I should put my credit card information for you to deduct any account that I've sold?

3. For payment that I should pay you, will I get systen notification before the period end.... just like those notification that I got on my VDS account?

4. Since I am reselling through you guys, do you allow reseller to reference some hosting information that you have on your site? For that, I mean, referenceing hosting hardware, software, user agreement...etc

5. One last question, since I am new to the reseller CP, my assumption is that it is ok for me to create testing orders within my reseller store... as long as I don't create any VE for such orders, I will not be bille. Is this correct?.

Thanks for all your help... sorry for having too much questions...

Regards,
Kevin
PM
andy
Posted: Jul 13 2003, 12:28 PM
Quote Post

Group: Advantagecom Staff
Member No.: 9

1. Right now, my plan is to offer offline payment only. Since all my customer's VE will only be created manually once I got the payment, does my payment to Advantagecom start at the time I create any VE or at the time a customer of mine sign up for a account.

Here's how I understand it at this point. I'm not in billing, so you may want to confirm this with the billing department.

Your customer places an order using offline payment. Until your customer pays you and you apply that payment to your customer's account, the order is just an order and no money is due to us. However, as soon as you apply a payment to the order your customer placed, the system will create the VE and generate an invoice that is payable to us. So, money is due us when the VE is created.

2. I read through all docs that I can find on your site and user doc, I can't find out exactly how I am suppose to pay my discounted payment to Advantagecom. I saw a section in the Reseller CP where I can register new credit card on file, is this where I should put my credit card information for you to deduct any account that I've sold?

You can only make a payment through the reseller control center once an amount is owed to Advantagecom. You would go to Business Director -> Billing Manager -> Payable, then click "Invoices" to view the amounts owed. Click on an individual invoice and there should be a "make a payment" button or something similar.

At the present time, I'm unaware of any way for a reseller account to have an auto credit card payment setup like end-users can have. For this reason, you'll want to check the payables section periodically and make payments as invoices become due. Be sure to pay invoices before their due date or the system will automatically apply a late fee.

3. For payment that I should pay you, will I get systen notification before the period end.... just like those notification that I got on my VDS account?

I'm not sure about the period end notification (I think that's only for end-users), but the system will email you when a new invoice is generated that you need to pay to us.

4. Since I am reselling through you guys, do you allow reseller to reference some hosting information that you have on your site? For that, I mean, referenceing hosting hardware, software, user agreement...etc

That's fine, as long as it is done ethically and it is kept up to date. We don't want you claiming that "we own the servers" and it is "our datacenter" and so forth. You will have to adapt the information to your site so that it remains accurate for your situation. A simply copy/paste job would likely be a problem. Also, since we update information about hardware, software, and etc. frequently, you will have to make sure you keep it up to date.

5. One last question, since I am new to the reseller CP, my assumption is that it is ok for me to create testing orders within my reseller store... as long as I don't create any VE for such orders, I will not be bille. Is this correct?.

As long as the VE isn't created and/or the order status never changes to "completed" there shouldn't be any money owed to us. Keep in mind that if you create a VE directly from the reseller control center, money will be due to us upon creation of the VE.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney
CTO, Advantagecom Networks

Please do not private message me. My regular management duties preclude responding to every customer that sends me a support issue. Instead, post on the forum or contact tech support.
PMUsers Website
komy
Posted: Jul 14 2003, 10:54 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 242

QUOTE (andy @ Jul 13 2003, 12:28 PM)

Here's how I understand it at this point. I'm not in billing, so you may want to confirm this with the billing department.

Your customer places an order using offline payment. Until your customer pays you and you apply that payment to your customer's account, the order is just an order and no money is due to us. However, as soon as you apply a payment to the order your customer placed, the system will create the VE and generate an invoice that is payable to us. So, money is due us when the VE is created.

Just got a confirmation from billing that this is how the reseller billing works....
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll