Powered by Invision Power Board

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> comodo certificate, comodo certificate was working
webright
Posted: Mar 22 2005, 11:02 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

I have a comodo certificate for https://www.discount-pharmaceuticals-and-pr...ption-drugs.com and it was working fine.

Now it is getting the "invalid" certificate notice. Why should it stop working and how can I fix it?

Richard
PM
webright
Posted: Mar 29 2005, 12:53 PM
Quote Post

Working with the comodo techs I got a new certificate and re-loaded it - works now and the comodo guys were very helpful using a "live chat" support facility.
PM
andy
Posted: Mar 31 2005, 09:35 AM
Quote Post

Group: Advantagecom Staff
Member No.: 9

What exactly turned out to be the problem and how did they have you solve it?

When I looked at it before, it appeared that the certificate could not be verified up to a trusted source. It also appeared that the root chain certificate may not have been loaded. Now it appears to be loaded.

I can't be 100% certain without asking tech support, but I don't think we made any changes on our side.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney
CTO, Advantagecom Networks

Please do not private message me. My regular management duties preclude responding to every customer that sends me a support issue. Instead, post on the forum or contact tech support.
PMUsers Website
webright
Posted: Mar 31 2005, 12:26 PM
Quote Post

I don't know why it failed, comodo techs thought maybe one of the files somehow got corrupeted. I think that I was issued one of the older certificates that died when they switched to a new certificate at the end of February.

To fix it they issued me a new certificate and I uploaded the root certificate again. There are two separate certificates that need to be put together into one certificate -

-GTECyberTrustRoot.crt
-ComodoSecurityServicesCA.crt

On their website they have a combined file for Plesk servers but it turns out that the one on their website is actually the old - dead version. So comdo techs guided me through combining the two certificates that they sent into one root chain certificate using notetab. Easy enough, so long as there are no spaces between the two.

Then I uploaded the combined root certificate.

When I uploaded the certificate for the domain it didn't work. Again I had to edit it in notetab and paste in the Private Key code from the original request ahead of the certificate they sent me. I uploaded the revised file and it worked.

Much to my relief.

Richard
PM
Matt
Posted: Jun 18 2008, 01:34 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 342

We now have available a Basic one year SSL certificate (99.8% browser compatibility) for $50.00 per year. Purchase of the SSL certificate includes free installation. You can purchase the Basic one-year SSL certificate in our store at:

https://manage.speedingbits.com/store/index.cgi/sid,14399

We also have advanced SSL certificates available, with insurance policies, identity validation web site graphics, Extra Validation (EV) SSL certificates, and more. Contact our sales department at sales@advantagecom.net for pricing.

--------------------
Matt B.
Advantagecom Technical Support

Private messages are ignored unless solicited. If you have a support question, please email support@advantagecom.net, post in the appropriate section of the forum, or call if your service plan allows support by phone.
PMUsers Website
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll