Powered by Invision Power Board

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> dns5.speedingbits.com web interface restored, some important changes to note
andy
Posted: Apr 6 2018, 12:16 AM
Quote Post

Group: Advantagecom Staff
Member No.: 9

The web interface for dns5.speedingbits.com is complete.

Some improvements over the old version:
  • Running on fast hardware
  • Running on a modern OS with modern PHP, MySQL, and nameserver software
  • SSL implemented - no more insecure logins
  • Fixed several longstanding bugs
  • Now supports Google's gigantic DKIM keys

One important change in how this operates versus previously:
TXT records now require that you put a quotation mark (") at the beginning and end of the text you enter as the value for the TXT record. Previously, this was done for you, but to accommodate special formatting required to handle large DKIM keys, we had to change this.

To use a DKIM key larger than 255 bytes in length, you'll need to break it up into 253 character or less chunks, including spaces, and place quotation marks around each chunk. Insert a space between each quoted chunk of text. The last chunk of text needs a semicolon (;) just before the final quotation mark. For instance:
CODE

"v=DKIM1; k=rsa; p=a/big/long/chunk/of/text" "another/big/long/chunk/of/text;"

If you had an account on the old system, it is now active on this new system. Feel free to use it as you did before.

If you encounter any problems with the system, please open a ticket at: https://cbp.speedingbits.com/billing/clientarea.php

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney
CTO, Advantagecom Networks

Please do not private message me. My regular management duties preclude responding to every customer that sends me a support issue. Instead, post on the forum or contact tech support.
PMUsers Website
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll