Powered by Invision Power Board

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Plesk administration, Reselling
Marc
Posted: Feb 15 2006, 02:02 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Hello,
I have two questions. One... I am reselling from a Virtuozzo VPS account. Usually I set up new accounts and admin them because I build the client Web sites as well. I have a client who want s to admin their own URL. If I install the Plesk admin panel, will this customer have his own features controls?

THX blink.gif
Matt
Posted: Feb 15 2006, 11:49 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 342

Marc:

The Plesk 7.5 Reloaded control panel would allow you to have a control panel for your client to administer his site and would allow you to allocate a specific amount of disk space to each website. However, Plesk is an application that completely changes the way the server works. For example, the sendmail mail program is removed and replaced with qmail. A custom version of proftpd is installed. The Apache configuration is drastically changed. The HSPC Workgroup Administrator Control panel is not compatible with Plesk.

For the above-mentioned reasons we only recommend installing Plesk into a new VPS that has no sites installed on it. We also recommend that only Plesk be used to manage sites if Plesk is installed.

HSPC has more limited options. You can make a client a FTP user and make them the administrator for their site. If you then configure that FTP user to be chrooted (jailed) to their home directory (by modifying the /etc/proftpd.conf file) that user can upload files to their site through FTP. You can also install mycp and use that as a control panel for a Linux user. This will not allow any modifications to the Apache configuration file but will give a graphical user interface for email and a file manager.

You can also set a disk space quota for a Linux user in HSPC at System tab > Users and Groups > Users. Click on the Linux user for which you wish to set a disk quota. You can then set the Soft and Hard disk space and Disk Inode limits for the user. Click on the Update button to save those changes.

--------------------
Matt B.
Advantagecom Technical Support

Private messages are ignored unless solicited. If you have a support question, please email support@advantagecom.net, post in the appropriate section of the forum, or call if your service plan allows support by phone.
PMUsers Website
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll