Powered by Invision Power Board

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> RAID cache battery replacement, completed/postponed
andy
Posted: Jul 6 2018, 02:14 PM
Quote Post

Group: Advantagecom Staff
Member No.: 9

We're replacing a failed RAID cache battery on the storage system that services hwVPS accounts. Once the replacement is installed and the battery has fully charged, storage performance will improve due to enabling advanced caching.

The work will begin at approximately 3:15PM Pacific Daylight Time (GMT -7:00) on July 6, 2018. The work is expected to be complete by 4:00PM.

We expect no downtime during this process.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney
CTO, Advantagecom Networks

Please do not private message me. My regular management duties preclude responding to every customer that sends me a support issue. Instead, post on the forum or contact tech support.
PMUsers Website
andy
Posted: Jul 6 2018, 02:48 PM
Quote Post

There appear to be some problems with the replacement battery. We'll be doing some additional troubleshooting to confirm.

No downtime is expected.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney

Please do not private message me. My regular management duties preclude responding to every customer that sends me a support issue. Instead, post on the forum or contact tech support.
PMUsers Website
andy
Posted: Jul 6 2018, 03:33 PM
Quote Post

The new replacement battery module is defective. We're making arrangements with the seller to have it replaced.

We're in the process of removing the failed replacement battery module so it can be returned.

No downtime is expected.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney

PMUsers Website
andy
Posted: Jul 6 2018, 03:52 PM
Quote Post

This work is complete for now. We'll re-attempt the battery module replacement when we receive the new battery module.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney

PMUsers Website
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll