Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Open invitation: growth suggestions
andy
Posted: Mar 2 2007, 05:14 PM
Quote Post

Group: Advantagecom Staff
Member No.: 9

Hello,

I'd like to extend an open invitation to all customers to tell us how to run this company. wink2.gif I say that somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but I am very interested in getting your input on the following:
  • Ways to grow the company
  • Ways to advertise effectively
  • Additional services you'd buy if they were offered
  • Improvements to existing services
  • and so on...

Of course, we make no guarantees that we'll use your idea, but if you have an idea, let's hear it!

Depending on whether or not we use the idea and to what extent we use the idea, there will be something in it for contributors whose idea is used.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney
CTO, Advantagecom Networks

Please do not private message me. My regular management duties preclude responding to every customer that sends me a support issue. Instead, post on the forum or contact tech support.
PMUsers Website
Fest3er
Posted: Jul 30 2007, 12:46 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 330

Ideas:

Offer an email scanning service for individual email addresses:
  • customer receives an @an-scan.net email address
  • scanned email is sent along to the customer's real address
  • $5/mo
  • up to 1000 ham messages per month
  • general operation would be similar to MailFoundry, except it would be for individual addresses:
    • messages from known spammers are tossed in the bit bucket
    • virus, trojan and phishing messages are tossed in the bit bucket
    • messages that are most likely spam are dropped in the bit bucket
    • messages that might not be spam are marked with a custom header and sent along
    • ham is sent along unmarked
  • scanning includes spam and virus scanning
  • customers can whitelist and blacklist senders
Figure out a way to automatically block known spammer IP addresses from your network. If they're spammers, they should have NO access to your network. When you have the spammerwall working well, form an alliance with other 'end-user' ISPs and get them on board with the idea of blocking known spammers out of their networks.

Require all of your customers to use your MailFoundry service for all incoming email.

[Can you tell I'm really tired of spammers? I believe the only way they can be controlled is to convince 'private' network operators (mostly bottom-tier ISPs) to firewall known spammers out of their networks; they have no legitimate reason to access any system on the internet.]

And here's a truly screwy idea. If I understand the way the new systems with hardware vritualization support work, you should be able to offer bare VPSs to your customers. 'Bare' meaning they get a CPU, RAM, disk, network and at least one IP address, and they have to select and install the OS and all software.

N
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll