Powered by Invision Power Board

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> RAID cache battery replacement, afternoon 7/20/18, no downtime expected
andy
Posted: Jul 20 2018, 02:36 PM
Quote Post

Group: Advantagecom Staff
Member No.: 9

We're replacing a failed RAID cache battery on the storage system that services hwVPS accounts. Once the replacement is installed and the battery has fully charged, storage performance will improve due to enabling advanced caching.

The work will begin at approximately 3:40PM Pacific Daylight Time (GMT -7:00) on July 20, 2018. The work is expected to be complete by 4:30PM.

We expect no downtime during this process.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney
CTO, Advantagecom Networks

Please do not private message me. My regular management duties preclude responding to every customer that sends me a support issue. Instead, post on the forum or contact tech support.
PMUsers Website
andy
Posted: Jul 20 2018, 03:07 PM
Quote Post

This was the replacement part supplied by the seller when the original replacement part was defective. This one appears to be defective in the same manner, implying a problem endemic to this seller.

We're going to leave the module in the system for awhile to ensure it isn't symptomatic of the batteries being low from extended storage without charging.

If the problem doesn't clear automatically in the next hour or so, we'll remove the module, contact the seller for a refund, and purchase a replacement from a different seller.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney

Please do not private message me. My regular management duties preclude responding to every customer that sends me a support issue. Instead, post on the forum or contact tech support.
PMUsers Website
andy
Posted: Jul 20 2018, 04:27 PM
Quote Post

Dell tech support actually recommends letting the battery charge for 24 hours and rechecking after that. We'll check on this again on Monday to see if the system is still reporting a problem with the battery.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney

PMUsers Website
andy
Posted: Jul 23 2018, 01:20 PM
Quote Post

We let it charge for almost 3 full days. No change. Still registering a fault.

We'll be removing the faulty RAID cache battery module and ordering a new replacement from a different seller.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney

PMUsers Website
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll