Powered by Invision Power Board

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Subdomain question
-A. Fernández-
Posted: Aug 17 2003, 01:51 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Hello again!

If I have a domain (like www.mydomain.com) registered with a third party company and I want several subdomains like subdomain1.mydomain.com, is this posible with a MDH? Is each subdomain treated as a domain or can they be placed in folders like /httpdocs/subdomain1/ so I can have sevaral subdomains (20-50) with a MDH2? In this case, do each subdomain have any addictional fee?

Thanks again,

A. Fernández
andy
Posted: Aug 17 2003, 10:10 PM
Quote Post

Group: Advantagecom Staff
Member No.: 9

If I have a domain (like www.mydomain.com) registered with a third party company and I want several subdomains like subdomain1.mydomain.com, is this posible with a MDH?

Yes.

Is each subdomain treated as a domain or can they be placed in folders like /httpdocs/subdomain1/ so I can have sevaral subdomains (20-50) with a MDH2?

Each subdomain counts as one domain. This is a limitation of the Plesk Server Administrator control panel. An MDH02, for instance, would be able to only host www.domain1.com and onesub.domain1.com or www.domain1.com and www.domain2.com.

If you want to put 20 to 50 subdomains on an account, you'd need a larger MDH account, a Upipe account, or a VDS account. If you don't know how to configure Apache, a Upipe or MDH account will work best since they don't require any special knowledge to be able to use them.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney
CTO, Advantagecom Networks

Please do not private message me. My regular management duties preclude responding to every customer that sends me a support issue. Instead, post on the forum or contact tech support.
PMUsers Website
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll