Powered by Invision Power Board

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Suggestion to keep customers informed...
avarian
Posted: Feb 22 2003, 05:06 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 207

Greetings,

May I suggest to keep Advantagecom customers informed on the state of their requests?

This forum is marked as 24/7 support forum. However, there;s no notification on my post about payment problems - as if the post is of no interest to Support. A single reply of the kind '<person name> will deal with your request <date/time>' would be in most cases enough.

Thank you!

Konstantin
PMUsers WebsiteICQ
jeff
Posted: Feb 22 2003, 07:49 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 4

I'm not certain of the post you are talking about, but there are a couple of things to keep in mind concerning the forum. One, we don't tell any of our customers that you are sure to resolve an issue by coming to the forum. It's a resource for exchanging information and, frequently, technical questions are addressed by an employee. Off hours, we'll stop by and answer questions but it's done purely for your benefit - we aren't paid to do so. Secondly, I'm aware you live on a different continent, but serious billing issues should be handled via telephone or e-mail. I'll look for the post you are talking about and see what I can do. If I can't do anything, Stacie will take care of it on Monday.

--------------------
Customer Service
Advantagecom Networks, Inc.
Review us at:
HostingAssured
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
avarian
Posted: Feb 22 2003, 08:28 PM
Quote Post

Thank you, Jeff. My apologies for using the forum not for what it is installed.

In critical situations (I hope there never are ones) I will call the Support by phone.

All the best,

Konstantin
PMUsers WebsiteICQ
andy
Posted: Feb 23 2003, 01:08 AM
Quote Post

Group: Advantagecom Staff
Member No.: 9

I'm at home in my slippers and on vacation through Sunday night, but I still check the forum occasionally anyway. Since I'm on vacation, I feel even less obligated to work during non-business hours. wink.gif

That being said, please point out to me where we've advertised that we support customers 24/7 on this forum. If we've mistakenly advertised that, I need to go correct it.

This forum is in operation 24/7, but that doesn't mean that we keep it staffed 24/7. Many times, you're able to get a response after hours, but we certainly don't guarantee it on this forum. If you want a guaranteed response after hours on a technical issue, then you need to use pager support. No such option exists for billing "emergencies", however.

I would also like to add that your very first post on the issue (requesting we do something before the weekend) was posted after 5PM PST on a Friday, so it was very unlikely you'd have gotten a response before Monday, especially since it was a billing issue.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney
CTO, Advantagecom Networks

Please do not private message me. My regular management duties preclude responding to every customer that sends me a support issue. Instead, post on the forum or contact tech support.
PMUsers Website
avarian
Posted: Feb 23 2003, 02:48 AM
Quote Post

We're both in slippers, by the way... a nice coincidence.

All right, I checked all the Advantagecom.net pages referring to this schmolie forum. On a 'Contact us' page it is stated only

Online forum (24 x 7)

I opened the forum anew and visited FAQ and other attractive/obvious links for the beginners.

Yes, you are right. It is never said that forum provides 24/7 support. However, until I was told (earlier in this thread) what this forum is for, I'd continue to think it's another means of providing support.

I am wrong, it isn't. May I suggest to add several words to 'Contact us' page and to comment (the very top of the page, where I see 'Advantagecom Networks' Service Forums') the explicit notice what this forum is for.

Also, I promise to transfer my DNS topic discussion to email exchange with the relevant person.

All the best,

Konstantin
PMUsers WebsiteICQ
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll