Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> newer version of MySQL
thufford
Posted: Apr 22 2007, 07:23 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 84

Greetings:

One of my clients would like to use wordpress (www.wordpress.org) which I attempted to install on his website, however It presents the error message that wordpress requires MySQL of 4.0.0 or greater (then I discovered that they recommend 4.0.7)

Is there any plan to upgrade the MySQL being used on Web Pro accounts

BTW: My primary site is www.crystal-owl.com

Thank You

Thomas Hufford

--------------------
Thomas Hufford
Kansas State University '92, '93
PMUsers Website
andy
Posted: Apr 23 2007, 11:20 AM
Quote Post

Group: Advantagecom Staff
Member No.: 9

At present, there is no upgrade scheduled. The reason for not upgrading is because certain applications vital to the system (such as Plesk) require the older version of MySQL. Furthermore, the OS on that system is old enough that it could be problematic getting newer software to run properly.

Within the next couple of months, however, we are planning to relaunch the Web Pro accounts running on a system with all the latest software. This won't impact existing Web Pro accounts, but all Web Pro accounts purchased from that point forward will go on the new system with the new software.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney
CTO, Advantagecom Networks

Please do not private message me. My regular management duties preclude responding to every customer that sends me a support issue. Instead, post on the forum or contact tech support.
PMUsers Website
thufford
Posted: Apr 23 2007, 01:04 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 84

Andy:

Would I then have to start a new web-pro account to take advantage of the newer stuff (equipment, software etc???)

After I sent my message, I found out that version 4.1.7 of MySQL causes problems with the "wordpress" php files

Which version of MySQL would you be installing on the new equipment.

I will try to find out if there is a workaround this with the wordpress people.

Thanks

Tom Hufford

--------------------
Thomas Hufford
Kansas State University '92, '93
PMUsers Website
andy
Posted: Apr 24 2007, 09:19 AM
Quote Post

Group: Advantagecom Staff
Member No.: 9

Tom,

Yes, you would need to order an account on the new system to take advantage of the new system. Unfortunately, at the present time, our billing and provisioning system is not sophisticated enough to track a single subscription that spans multiple servers.

The good news is that the pricing on the low end Web Pro accounts will likely remain low. At this point, there are no plans to change pricing on Web Pro accounts with the relaunch, but that is not a guarantee that something won't change between now and then.

We haven't nailed down the specifics on software versions and probably won't until the day we setup the new system. However, MySQL will likely be version 5.x or later.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney
CTO, Advantagecom Networks

Please do not private message me. My regular management duties preclude responding to every customer that sends me a support issue. Instead, post on the forum or contact tech support.
PMUsers Website
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll