Powered by Invision Power Board

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> TouchAmerica DS-3 Maintenance
andy
Posted: Oct 21 2002, 10:32 PM
Quote Post

Group: Advantagecom Staff
Member No.: 9

Our TouchAmerica DS-3 has been having an abnormal number of errors on incoming data we receive through the line. About 1 in 200,000 packets (4Kb dropped per 850MB) of inbound data are showing these errors. Outbound data is unaffected. These errors are not noticeable to the end user and are only noticed because we track all errors on our lines, no matter how few or how many. Under normal circumstances, we should be seeing no errors, regardless of how much data is transferred.

We have asked TouchAmerica to test the line and fix the problem. The window we have given them for testing is the four hours from 11:00PM 10/21/02 to 3:00AM 10/22/02 (Pacific time).

During the testing period, they may temporarily take the line down. If this happens, you may notice a brief 3 minute interruption of service while your data is automatically routed to other paths into our network.

When testing is complete and the issue has been resolved, we'll post a follow-up to this message.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney
CTO, Advantagecom Networks

Please do not private message me. My regular management duties preclude responding to every customer that sends me a support issue. Instead, post on the forum or contact tech support.
PMUsers Website
andy
Posted: Oct 21 2002, 11:35 PM
Quote Post

Group: Advantagecom Staff
Member No.: 9

TouchAmerica has completed testing. They located a problem on one of their OC-48 transport lines and switched over to their backup OC-48 transport.

At present, this appears to have eliminated the errors we were seeing on our DS-3. If the problem reappears, we'll post a follow-up message. Otherwise, consider the issue resolved.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney
CTO, Advantagecom Networks

Please do not private message me. My regular management duties preclude responding to every customer that sends me a support issue. Instead, post on the forum or contact tech support.
PMUsers Website
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll