Powered by Invision Power Board

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Brownout/Power Outage, resolved - no downtime
andy
Posted: Sep 26 2017, 12:54 PM
Quote Post

Group: Advantagecom Staff
Member No.: 9

At approximately 12:47PM Pacific Time (GMT -7:00) September 26, we experienced a utility brownout (a form of power outage).

Our battery backup system corrected the voltages supplied to our equipment and servers and reported the trouble to us, as expected.

Upon reporting to the electrical utility company, we learned that this was a regional problem.

The voltages were low enough to cause trouble with our cooling systems, but not low enough to trigger an automatic switch to generator, so we initiated a manual transfer to generator.

We're running on generator until proper utility voltages are restored.

Estimated fix by utility is 4:30PM Pacific time (GMT -7:00) September 26.

Updates will be posted to this thread as they become available.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney
CTO, Advantagecom Networks

Please do not private message me. My regular management duties preclude responding to every customer that sends me a support issue. Instead, post on the forum or contact tech support.
PMUsers Website
andy
Posted: Sep 26 2017, 01:05 PM
Quote Post

The power is intermittently going out and returning to brownout levels.

Fix ETA remains the same.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney

Please do not private message me. My regular management duties preclude responding to every customer that sends me a support issue. Instead, post on the forum or contact tech support.
PMUsers Website
andy
Posted: Sep 26 2017, 01:28 PM
Quote Post

Utility power has returned and appears to be at proper voltage levels. We're waiting to return from generator a few minutes to ensure stability.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney

PMUsers Website
andy
Posted: Sep 26 2017, 01:34 PM
Quote Post

We've returned from generator and received notification from the electrical utility company that they've completed the repair.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney

PMUsers Website
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll