Powered by Invision Power Board

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Credit cards using Authorize.net AIM method
jimm
Posted: Mar 4 2006, 09:53 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 389

I have been using a commerce.cgi shopping cart with 'Offline Processing' on a customers MDH account for a number of years. Now his credit card company says he can not use that method and he signed up with Authorize.net to use their AIM processing system.

Using Authorize.net's sample .pl script at https://www.mooselakewildrice.com/cgi-bin/cgi_aim.pl I get an error message 'We were unable to communicate with the authorizing site. Please try again.' and Authorize.net's support says it is probably a firewall problem on the website.

I tried using the sample .php script at https://www.mooselakewildrice.com/php_aim.php but it requires the CURL extension and will not work.

Does anyone have any ideas of how I can get this to work. Thanks for any help I can get.
PMEmail Poster
andy
Posted: Mar 4 2006, 05:00 PM
Quote Post

Group: Advantagecom Staff
Member No.: 9

Are you set on using the commerce.cgi script? If not, I would recommend using a shopping cart like OSCommerce instead. If I recall correctly, it natively supports online processing of authorize.net payments (what they call "AIM"). If OSCommerce doesn't suit your needs, there are many other options that also support authorize.net.

The scripts that authorize.net supplies are next to useless unless you're on a VPS or dedicated server and a programmer capable of debugging and integrating their example scripts into other software.

Authorize.net's support says it is probably a firewall problem on the website

I'm about 98% sure that they just told you that as a convenient way to avoid actually fixing the problem. We use authorize.net through AIM all the time and so do dozens of other customers on our network. If there were a firewall problem, others would be complaining. Our experience with authorize.net support staff is that they are often cue card reading flunkies that will say anything to get you off the phone or to avoid doing any work when replying to email. Every once in awhile, we run into someone at authorize.net that doesn't fit that generalization, but it is rare.

Those sample scripts require substantial rework to actually function on a real web server and the changes necessary vary from server to server.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney
CTO, Advantagecom Networks

Please do not private message me. My regular management duties preclude responding to every customer that sends me a support issue. Instead, post on the forum or contact tech support.
PMUsers Website
jimm
Posted: Mar 4 2006, 06:16 PM
Quote Post

Thanks Andy for your comments and suggestion. I have been looking at a couple shopping programs and will check out OsCommerce. I remember looking at it a year or so ago and it comes in the application vault on the OHP websites.

Thanks again for the quick response.... on the weekend even! I've been hosting websites with you for I think about 6 years now and your support has always been the best ever!
PMEmail Poster
jimm
Posted: Mar 6 2006, 02:07 PM
Quote Post

I installed the osCommerce cart and got it up and running and connecting to authorizenet in less than a half hour. Now I am just customizing the cart to fit the look of his website and figuring out the options and shipping systems it has available.

Once I figured out their file system the changes are easy to make. It also has a UPS shipping module that will work better than what was used before.

Thanks, Andy, for pointing me to this shopping cart!!
PMEmail Poster
andy
Posted: Mar 6 2006, 04:41 PM
Quote Post

Group: Advantagecom Staff
Member No.: 9

You're very welcome. Many of our other customers have found osCommerce to be quite easy to use as well.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney
CTO, Advantagecom Networks

Please do not private message me. My regular management duties preclude responding to every customer that sends me a support issue. Instead, post on the forum or contact tech support.
PMUsers Website
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll