Powered by Invision Power Board

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> secure39.schmolie.com down, dead and gone - restored to new server
andy
Posted: Sep 13 2016, 09:09 AM
Quote Post

Group: Advantagecom Staff
Member No.: 9

secure39.schmolie.com is currently doing a disk check after a forced power cycle was required when it became unresponsive.

This affects one web site.

The system should be up again shortly.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney
CTO, Advantagecom Networks

Please do not private message me. My regular management duties preclude responding to every customer that sends me a support issue. Instead, post on the forum or contact tech support.
PMUsers Website
andy
Posted: Sep 13 2016, 09:38 AM
Quote Post

The disk check appears to have stalled so we'll be looking into this via serial console. This is going to take anywhere from 30 minutes to a couple hours, depending on the situation.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney

Please do not private message me. My regular management duties preclude responding to every customer that sends me a support issue. Instead, post on the forum or contact tech support.
PMUsers Website
andy
Posted: Sep 13 2016, 10:07 AM
Quote Post

It looks like the hard drive has failed. We're going to massage it a little bit to see if we can get its old bones moving again to access the data. It's entirely expected that a hard drive failure would happen given that the system is 16 years old.

Failing that, this system will be retired and we'll restore the site to a different system.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney

PMUsers Website
andy
Posted: Sep 13 2016, 10:13 AM
Quote Post

It's dead Jim! I'm a technician, not an archaeologist.

Toast. Kapput. Nadda.

Retire, restore, drive on.

Next.

Over the course of the next several hours, we should have the single site from this system restored and operational again.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney

PMUsers Website
andy
Posted: Sep 13 2016, 02:48 PM
Quote Post

The affected customer has been transitioned to our newest server and files restored.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney

PMUsers Website
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll