Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> password protection script
modesign
Posted: Jan 23 2004, 05:06 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 193

Hello

Could you reccomend a free password protection script that works on a EL2 account?

Kind Regards,
Ray Edgar
PMUsers Website
andy
Posted: Jan 23 2004, 08:52 AM
Quote Post

Group: Advantagecom Staff
Member No.: 9

Here's a link to 80 different password protection scripts written in PERL. Most, if not all, should work just fine on your account. Most of them are also free. I have not used any of them, but I'm sure many will do the job just fine.

http://www.hotscripts.com/Perl/Scripts_and...tion/index.html

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney
CTO, Advantagecom Networks

Please do not private message me. My regular management duties preclude responding to every customer that sends me a support issue. Instead, post on the forum or contact tech support.
PMUsers Website
modesign
Posted: Jan 24 2004, 01:47 AM
Quote Post

Thanks Andrew i will check them out,

Kind Regards,
Ray Edgar smile.gif
PMUsers Website
modesign
Posted: Jan 27 2004, 01:11 PM
Quote Post

biggrin.gif
Hi

Just letting you know that i found a simpler solution of having directory's password protected.
I used the HSC controlpanel to password secure certain directory. It's terrific! no hassling with scripts.
(i just hope i will not be moved agian on to another system!!)

Thanks

Ray
PMUsers Website
andy
Posted: Jan 28 2004, 10:46 AM
Quote Post

Group: Advantagecom Staff
Member No.: 9

I used the HSC controlpanel to password secure certain directory. It's terrific! no hassling with scripts.

Great! That must be a new feature available since the upgrade to HSPComplete. I was not aware it existed.

(i just hope i will not be moved agian on to another system!!)

Just to be clear, you were not "moved" to another system. The control panel and the underlying software was upgraded. Granted, the upgraded system looks vastly different than the old version, but it is still the same system. I would be very surprised if future upgrades provided by SWSoft (the makers of HSPC) would make such drastic changes again. They may add features, but I doubt they'll completely change everything like they did with this upgrade.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney
CTO, Advantagecom Networks

Please do not private message me. My regular management duties preclude responding to every customer that sends me a support issue. Instead, post on the forum or contact tech support.
PMUsers Website
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll