Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Giving away free email accounts violates Terms of Service
andy
Posted: Sep 25 2002, 11:39 PM
Quote Post

Group: Advantagecom Staff
Member No.: 9

Just a quick reminder.

Giving away free email accounts to people you don't know (or don't maintain a valid business relationship with) on any domain on your account could cause your account to be suspended or cancelled as per our terms of service.

This is necessary to maintain a high quality service for all customers. It prevents unnecessary hacking attempts, reduces the chance of mail bomb attacks, and reduces the amount of spam the servers have to handle. This helps free up the web servers' CPUs to do what they are intended to do: serve web pages.

If you want to be the next "hotmail.com", then please colocate a server.

If you have a special case that you think would be an exception, please email support@advantagecom.net with your case *before* going ahead with your idea or plan. They will be able to tell you whether it would be an acceptable use of your account or not.

If you feel a need to discuss this policy, please do so in the "General Discussion" area.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney
CTO, Advantagecom Networks

Please do not private message me. My regular management duties preclude responding to every customer that sends me a support issue. Instead, post on the forum or contact tech support.
PMUsers Website
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll