Powered by Invision Power Board

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> hwvps1.schmolie.com replace failed HBA, completed
andy
Posted: Oct 30 2017, 06:33 PM
Quote Post

Group: Advantagecom Staff
Member No.: 9

We'll be replacing a failed host bus adapter (HBA, storage related component) to restore redundancy to the storage system for hwvps1.schmolie.com. This affects some hwVPS, webpro1.speedingbits.com, and the HSPC web interface (control panel for virtuozzo based VPS and some older shared hosting).

This will involve less than 60 minutes of downtime for hwVPS on this node while we shutdown the system, uncable, install the replacement HBA, recable, power on, configure the array to allow the new HBA, associated reboots, and start the hwVPS.

We've scheduled this work for Wednesday, November 1, 2017 at 11:00AM Pacific time (GMT -7:00).

Updates will be posted here.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney
CTO, Advantagecom Networks

Please do not private message me. My regular management duties preclude responding to every customer that sends me a support issue. Instead, post on the forum or contact tech support.
PMUsers Website
andy
Posted: Nov 1 2017, 11:26 AM
Quote Post

This has been rescheduled to 2PM Pacific time (GMT -7:00) on November 2.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney

Please do not private message me. My regular management duties preclude responding to every customer that sends me a support issue. Instead, post on the forum or contact tech support.
PMUsers Website
andy
Posted: Nov 2 2017, 02:09 PM
Quote Post

We're running quite late on getting this started today. We're just now starting the prep work and expect downtime to begin around 4:30PM Pacific time (GMT -7:00).

Normally, we'd reschedule this again to a later date, but since it has already been rescheduled once and the redundancy is an important part of the system's resiliency to future problems, we're going to continue even though it is not following the schedule outlined previously.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney

PMUsers Website
andy
Posted: Nov 2 2017, 04:14 PM
Quote Post

The hwVPS and other VMs on this node are going down for node maintenance now. This will continue until complete. Expected downtime is 30 - 60 minutes.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney

PMUsers Website
andy
Posted: Nov 2 2017, 04:57 PM
Quote Post

We have verified that all hwVPS and other VMs on this node are up and running at this time.

The node repairs are complete.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney

PMUsers Website
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll