Powered by Invision Power Board

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Additional Line Items in HSPComplete Receivables module
bobsledbob
Posted: Apr 8 2003, 11:33 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 232

I'm looking for a solution within the HSPComplete reseller setup that allows me to offer additional products and services to my clients. For example, I offer various levels of support agreements that are paid for both upfront and on a recurring basis.

I'm curious to know of anyone's experience in getting the HSP Receivables module setup such that these additional service charges can be generated with my client's monthly hosting bill. Is any reseller currently doing this now? or have experience with this? If so, how? I don't immediately see the ability for me to offer products and services through HSPComplete that aren't originally offered by the hosting provider (Advantagecom in this case).

Thanks.

Adam
PM
andy
Posted: Apr 8 2003, 01:48 PM
Quote Post

Group: Advantagecom Staff
Member No.: 9

I don't immediately see the ability for me to offer products and services through HSPComplete that aren't originally offered by the hosting provider

By way of the RCC area, you don't have that ability. However, we (the hosting provider) can define services that are only for one specific reseller so that you can use them in your RCC area.

I'll look into this. I hadn't orginally planned on doing this for resellers until they were able to develop custom hosting plans (Gold, Platinum, and dedicated hardware node resellers), but you raise a good point. I could see a need for "plans" that aren't associated with hosting services in terms of server resources. When we first started the reseller partner program, we couldn't create plans that weren't tied to server resources, but in a recent service pack, that feature was added to the system.

I'll discuss this with the other management here and see what we can come up with. Just so I've got complete information, what kind of dollar range are we looking at for these non-hosting service plans?

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney
CTO, Advantagecom Networks

Please do not private message me. My regular management duties preclude responding to every customer that sends me a support issue. Instead, post on the forum or contact tech support.
PMUsers Website
andy
Posted: Apr 8 2003, 03:04 PM
Quote Post

Group: Advantagecom Staff
Member No.: 9

After talking it over with the other management, we were all in agreement that it would be acceptable to allow those custom non-hosting plans to be setup for a specific reseller.

However, there is a significant amount of work involved with coordinating the information and getting it into the system, so we're also all in agreement that we can't do it for free unless you're counting it against one of the "custom hosting plans" allowed for your reseller partner level.

So, for the custom non-hosting plans that you're not counting against your allowed number of custom hosting plans, we think a $15 one time fee for each custom non-hosting plan should be adequate to cover our time involved with coordinating all the details and setting it up.

If you would like to do this, just email sales@advantagecom.net with your request and the details on the plan. Be sure to mention that you're a "reseller partner through the HSPC system" so that we don't confuse you with resellers that are doing their own thing unrelated to HSPC.

We'll need the following information:

Name showing on your reseller account
Name of the service
Price per period
What periods you're offering (1, 3, 6, 12, or 24 months)
Short description
Long description

Once everything is setup, a $15 charge will be posted to your reseller account for the custom non-hosting plan setup.

These will show as the service type "Miscellaneous" in your store categories (vs. Virtual Hosting, Shared Hosting, or Domain Registration). This type of a service setup cannot be placed in any other category because of the way the system works.

Just to reiterate, this is only for custom non-hosting plans. Hosting oriented plans *must* come out of any available custom hosting plans you have available for your reseller partner level.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney
CTO, Advantagecom Networks

Please do not private message me. My regular management duties preclude responding to every customer that sends me a support issue. Instead, post on the forum or contact tech support.
PMUsers Website
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll