Powered by Invision Power Board

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> openwebmail on COS4x64, openwebmail app not installed properly
aie
Posted: Aug 15 2008, 06:44 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 525

The openwebmail application is not installed properly on my COS4x64 system (subscription 2497)!!
There is no open Webmail icon in the Application panel for site distancelearning.com.au and no option to add this application.
From looking at /var/www/cgi-bin/openwebmail/ it seems that the application is not installed.

can you please fix.

thanks
Richard Scrivener
Canberra Australia

PMEmail Poster
andy
Posted: Aug 16 2008, 04:10 PM
Quote Post

Group: Advantagecom Staff
Member No.: 9

There are no template based webmail applications available with the CentOS 4 x64 based VPS plans.

For whatever reason, SWSoft (now Parallels) never made one for CentOS 4 x64 in HSPC. We think this is because they transitioned Virtuozzo to use "EZ Templates" for all new templates around the time they made the CentOS 4 x64 OS template and didn't update HSPC to support EZ Templates.

Later versions of HSPC do support EZ Templates, but we will not be updating HSPC for another couple months to avoid various complications with the HSPC upgrade process.

For now, we recommend SquirrelMail for those that want to install a webmail application on their VPS. Matt put together a knowledgebase article with step-by-step instructions on how to do so.

http://kb.simplywebhosting.com/idx/0/220/article/

If you're short on time, we can do this sort of work for you. Please see the following URL for more information:

http://www.simplywebhosting.com/websitemanagement.shtml

Installing a webmail application would fall into the "Installing and configuring other CGI software" hourly rate of $75 at the time of this writing. Prices do occasionally change, so please look at the URL for the latest pricing if viewing this post significantly later than the date it was posted.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney
CTO, Advantagecom Networks

Please do not private message me. My regular management duties preclude responding to every customer that sends me a support issue. Instead, post on the forum or contact tech support.
PMUsers Website
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll