Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> In Search of Techsupport, OBDC Database settings for an Access DB
Silvertonian
Posted: Mar 10 2006, 01:31 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 516

Hello Andy and Amy,

I have been looking for a stable company to provide some guidance in using Plesk. I hope a came to the right place. I am vary new to Plesk.
So First thing, I need some guidance to have the correct OBDC Database server settings to run an Access Database.

So can you help?

I do have on the server 3 DSN Driver options:
Mysql Driver 3.51
MS Access Driver (*.mbd)
MS Excel Driver (*.xls)

I use a Ecommerce template Shopping cart
Frontpage asp with Access DB,

and

Runing on Windows Server 2003 Dedicated Server
Plesk 7.5.6 for Windows
PMEmail Poster
andy
Posted: Mar 10 2006, 04:27 AM
Quote Post

Group: Advantagecom Staff
Member No.: 9

Hello Andy and Amy,

Do I know you? We only provide support to customers of Advantagecom on this forum, but if you're someone I know personally I might be willing to help on my own time by email or phone.

I do have on the server 3 DSN Driver options:
Mysql Driver 3.51
MS Access Driver (*.mbd)

Choose MS Access Driver if you're going to us MS Access. I really don't know a whole lot about Microsoft Windows servers in a hosting environment, so that is only an educated guess. We use Linux and FreeBSD exclusively here.

I know quite a bit about Plesk for Linux and FreeBSD, but Plesk for Windows is a completely different beast. About all they share in common is the name "Plesk" and similar icons, though most functionality and configuration boxes are completely different.

You're welcome to buy an account from Advantagecom and we can get you some expert help.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney
CTO, Advantagecom Networks

Please do not private message me. My regular management duties preclude responding to every customer that sends me a support issue. Instead, post on the forum or contact tech support.
PMUsers Website
Silvertonian
Posted: Mar 10 2006, 06:18 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 516

Do I know you?

Yes you may, I went to school with Amy, and I clean seed for a farmer. Is that a clue

We use Linux and FreeBSD exclusively here.

Can Plesk for Linux beable to run an Access DB?

If so I may conceder moving here. I am hosting at Rackforce for about a month now.
I chose them becouse they said they'd offer training in Plesk, but the program is no longer offerd.
PMEmail Poster
andy
Posted: Mar 10 2006, 11:59 AM
Quote Post

Group: Advantagecom Staff
Member No.: 9

Can Plesk for Linux beable to run an Access DB?

No. Plesk for Linux can use MySQL or PostGres. Our tech support staff can give you guidance on how to get data into MySQL. Depending on how much data you have, you could key by hand or use a utility to export and convert the data. We also offer services in which we'd can do this for you for $75 an hour if you're running short on time or patience for doing it yourself.

As far as shopping carts, osCommerce is what we usually recommend to our customers and it is included for free with any Plesk based account we sell. It is very easy to setup and use.

You would still be able to use FrontPage to publish your site, but ASP is not supported since it is a Microsoft only technology.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney
CTO, Advantagecom Networks

Please do not private message me. My regular management duties preclude responding to every customer that sends me a support issue. Instead, post on the forum or contact tech support.
PMUsers Website
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll