Powered by Invision Power Board

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> setting up new account, server alias problem
shawntay
Posted: Sep 2 2006, 09:52 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 365

i am upgrading from an old server. i have created my new account using a domain i just purchased (mommyadventures.com). while trying to setup the new site i realized in the website settings there wasn't a section for server alias. is this something i should be concerned about or is it just an application i didn't add?
PMEmail Poster
andy
Posted: Sep 2 2006, 02:28 PM
Quote Post

Group: Advantagecom Staff
Member No.: 9

It's not anything to be concerned about. You have both the "Workgroup Administrator" and "System Administrator" control panels installed, so you have all the control panel functions.

Under the domain management section of the system tab, click on the domain name and then DNS Zone. There you'll see that the system has already added DNS records for ftp.yourdomain.com, mail.yourdomain.com, and www.yourdomain.com.

If you type www.yourdomain.com into a browser, it will pull up the same site as yourdomain.com. The web server alias setting isn't necessary in that instance.

If you have a particular instance where you think the web server alias setting is necessary, let us know and we'll take a look at the best way to solve the issue.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney
CTO, Advantagecom Networks

Please do not private message me. My regular management duties preclude responding to every customer that sends me a support issue. Instead, post on the forum or contact tech support.
PMUsers Website
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll