Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> upipe0.schmolie.com down, resolved
andy
Posted: Feb 18 2019, 11:37 AM
Quote Post

Group: Advantagecom Staff
Member No.: 9

upipe0.schmolie.com has gone down.

We're currently investigating and will get it up and running again as soon as possible.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney
CTO, Advantagecom Networks

Please do not private message me. My regular management duties preclude responding to every customer that sends me a support issue. Instead, post on the forum or contact tech support.
PMUsers Website
andy
Posted: Feb 18 2019, 12:42 PM
Quote Post

This is back up.

A hard reset was required to restore service.

There was no indication of the cause.

We'll be closely monitoring for any additional problems with this system until the cause is identified and resolved.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney

Please do not private message me. My regular management duties preclude responding to every customer that sends me a support issue. Instead, post on the forum or contact tech support.
PMUsers Website
andy
Posted: Feb 19 2019, 05:18 AM
Quote Post

This has gone down again. A technician has been dispatched. ETA is 6:45AM February 19, Pacific time (GMT -8:00).

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney

PMUsers Website
andy
Posted: Feb 19 2019, 06:46 AM
Quote Post

It required a hardware reset to recover.

We checked some fans and they were all operational. We reseated some RAM in case some connections had oxidized.

We'll continue to monitor and respond as needed.

If problems continue, we'll migrate the few customers on this system to other systems.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney

PMUsers Website
andy
Posted: Mar 1 2019, 07:10 AM
Quote Post

This system has gone down again. A technician has been dispatched. ETA on fix is 9:30 AM Pacific time.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney

PMUsers Website
andy
Posted: Mar 1 2019, 09:25 AM
Quote Post

This was up again at approximately 8:35AM Pacific time.

We'll be migrating customers from this system to other systems throughout the day and over the weekend.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney

PMUsers Website
andy
Posted: Mar 4 2019, 04:11 AM
Quote Post

This has gone down again. ETA on fix is approximately 4:45AM.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney

PMUsers Website
andy
Posted: Mar 4 2019, 04:45 AM
Quote Post

This was up again a few minutes ago.

We're looking into migrating the whole system to a virtual machine due to the number of sites (and lack of cleanup by customers of unused sites) being time prohibitive to migrate sites individually.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney

PMUsers Website
andy
Posted: Mar 4 2019, 07:51 AM
Quote Post

This went down again. We're currently assessing repair options.

ETA on fix is 10:30AM Pacific time today, March 4.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney

PMUsers Website
andy
Posted: Mar 4 2019, 09:07 AM
Quote Post

We had this up again at approximately 8:48AM.

Close examination revealed a marginal CPU fan that wasn't moving as much air as it should. It appeared to be working, but it was vibrating on its spindle instead of spinning freely.

We cleaned the CPU heatsink fins and rigged up a replacement CPU fan. We didn't have an exact match in fan case size due to the specialized CPU heatsinks on this machine, so we found the nearest fit and secured it to the CPU heatsink.

Basic checks after replacing the CPU fan seem to indicate better CPU cooling is happening now.

This should keep the system stable while we complete migrating customers off this machine throughout the week.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney

PMUsers Website
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll