Powered by Invision Power Board

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> $10 Reward for Rating Advantagecom
andy
Posted: Sep 17 2003, 01:07 PM
Quote Post

Group: Advantagecom Staff
Member No.: 9

Limit: one credit per customer per directory. You can rate us once in each directory, not once per domain. The credits are only available to customers that have web hosting services through Advantagecom.

One of our sources of advertising is the findmyhosting.com directory. In order to make more sales there, it is important that we are listed high when ranked by customer ratings.

We would love it if we could get every single one of our customers to rate us there. Ideally, we'd have a 100% rating from every customer to have the best effect. We know we have many customers that would honestly give us a 100% rating, but their time is extremely valuable and they're just too busy to rate us.

If you can honestly give us a 95% or better rating, we'll pay you $10 for the time you take to fill out the short multiple choice questionaire. If you can't honestly give us a 95% or better rating, then we need you to call or email us with your concerns so that we can resolve them to your satisfaction. If you can give us such a rating after we've resolved your concerns, then please take the opportunity to rate us and earn your $10.

Please do not give us a fake high rating just to get the $10 because that would compromise the integrity of the rating system.

If you want to totally trash us with your rating because you hate us ( blink.gif ), you're welcome do that too and there is nothing to stop you from doing so, but we would hope that you'd choose to be fair about it and give us an opportunity to resolve any issues you may be having before doing so. We'll still give you the $10 credit to your account for rating us. Just remember, our continued success allows us to improve your services and reduce your costs - honest ratings will help further those causes.

To earn the $10 reward in the form of a credit to your account, simply email billing@advantagecom.net after rating us and let us know that you rated us. Be sure to include the name of the domain that you used when filling out the rating information so that we can verify that you did rate us.

If you've already rated us in the last 6 months, just let us know by emailing billing@advantagecom.net with the information and we'll credit your account $10.

If you've already rated us, but it was more than 6 months ago, please take this opportunity to re-rate us to earn your $10. The rating system allows you to re-rate us once every six months.

Ready to rate us? Click the following link to begin. It should only take about 5 minutes. smile.gif

http://www.findmyhosting.com/addrating.asp?id=4899

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney
CTO, Advantagecom Networks

Please do not private message me. My regular management duties preclude responding to every customer that sends me a support issue. Instead, post on the forum or contact tech support.
PMUsers Website
andy
Posted: Sep 18 2003, 10:57 AM
Quote Post

I just wanted to add that this is somewhat of a test run of this concept. If it turns out well, we may make it permanent policy. If it turns out poorly, we may discontinue it at any time.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney

Please do not private message me. My regular management duties preclude responding to every customer that sends me a support issue. Instead, post on the forum or contact tech support.
PMUsers Website
andy
Posted: Oct 7 2003, 10:57 AM
Quote Post

I had thought this was clear, but apparently some people have been confused. Here is some clarification:

Limit: one credit per customer per directory. You can rate us once in each directory, not once per domain.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney

PMUsers Website
andy
Posted: Jan 7 2004, 11:07 AM
Quote Post

Here is some additional clarification that has become necessary:

The $10 credit for rating Advantagecom is only for customers with web hosting services. Dial-up Internet access users through wallawallainternet.com (a service of Advantagecom) can only qualify for the credit(s) if they also have web hosting service with Advantagecom. This is because the web sites accepting the ratings are all web hosting directories and ratings on dial-up Internet access service would not be relevant.

Thank you for your understanding.

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney

PMUsers Website
andy
Posted: Aug 28 2006, 08:00 PM
Quote Post

Get more $10 credits!

For each web hosting related forum you can find and post a review of our hosting services or make a post to recommend our hosting services in response to someone looking for a recommendation of a hosting company, just email billing@advantagecom.net with the URL and we'll post a $10 credit to your account. It must be publically viewable without login required.

You can do this once per month per forum and get another $10 credit each time.

A few important rules:

1. Your post must follow the forum and community rules in place at the site you post at.

2. Do not post in the forums of other hosting companies.

3. If recommending us on a forum by responding to an existing thread, please be sure that our services match up with what the person is asking about. For example, if they're looking for adult web hosting or IRC hosting, don't recommend us. It won't make anyone happy and will just look like spam, which isn't at all what we want.

Breaking any rule would create bad will (exactly the opposite of what we're trying to accomplish) and, depending on the nature of the incident, we may choose to disallow an individual from further participation in this portion of the program and void any credits earned by breaking the rules, at our sole discretion.

Any credits earned can only be applied to hosting service fees with Advantagecom and cannot be "cashed out".

--------------------
Sincerely,
Andrew Kinney

PMUsers Website
Serena
Posted: Dec 19 2008, 11:22 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,570

Do you have a profile on MySpace or Facebook? We're offering $10 credits to anyone who adds us as a friend on MySpace or becomes a fan of our page on Facebook.

Once you have added please email us at billing@advantagecom.net for your credit.
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll